Friday, August 3, 2007

Musings on my Bff Kittay and Oregon

Since the last poetic debacle posted as "Home Improvements," P and I have been out of town visiting our peeps in Oregon. I say peeps because although we have spent a considerable amount of time with the family, I ran into my bff Kittay, his wife, mom and sister. "Ran into" sounds a bit too seredipitous, so it would be better to say that we met at Fudruckers (a burger joint) just outside of Portland this past Wednesday afternoon. In a happy chance of events, our vacay times and sites crossed over and we got to share some eats.



For those who don't know the Kittay, he was the best man in my wedding, a college roommate and teammate back in the days when we were more nimble. Though it should probably be said that Kittay seems quite nimble these days having run several marathons and since he is now preparing for the Ironman competition. I, however, am not so nimble unless you consider bouncing around to aerobic workout videos in the livingroom with the hound as "nimble creating activity."



In any event, it has been over two years since P and I have seen he and his wife and that frankly is too dang long. hear (see) that? too. dang. long. We haven't been back to Spokey town since moving, and they have yet to cross into Normal, so that has left us (me and Kittay) with a phone relationship if you know what I mean. It was good to see them (all).

What struck me as I sat there with them is that although time has passed and our lives (especially) have totally changed, these people are to me like comfort food: you always feel at home with them. So, anyway, here are a couple pics snapped at the site of the visit.

I have also included pics of (some) other things that Normal just can't touch such as: oceans, mountains, non-humid weather, good fish (seriously, what a sad day when the best shrimp in town is at a local tex-mex place), GOOD BOOKSTORES (I bought like 15 books), tax free purchases, Mariners baseball, non-square cut pizza (I will never get used to that, how ABnormal), low gas prices, non-greasy chinese food, and GOOD outlet shopping. We need to get back home.



No comments: