Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Art of Bowling





Last week, for a final summer celebration, we went out to dinner and bowling with our neighbors, Stan & Bree. It had been years since any of us had been bowling, but we needed to add a little spice to our going-out-to-dinner routine, so for $2 per person, we couldn't go wrong. Each of us had our own strategy: (the boys choosing the macho, 14+ pound balls, while the girls sensibly used the lightest balls available--guess who did NOT have sore arms the next day.)
Stan worked on a fancy spin--which nearly cost him his thumb on several occasions
K threw the ball as hard as he could--nearly denting the floor
Bree took the opposite stance--rolling her ball as slowly as possible without aiming at anything
I just tried my best to keep my ball out of the gutter--I think I only had 3 or 4 gutter balls.

Needless to say, Bree's consistency (and loud shrills) won both games, and I never took last place. It was a fun evening of strikes, high fives, laughs, and looking like geeks.

No comments: